How Many Cyber Attacks Happen per Day in 2021?
It is National Cybersecurity Security Awareness Month! Here is a sneak peek to get a good grasp on the state of cyber attack statistics worldwide.
- Globally, 30,000 websites are hacked d)aily.
- 64% of companies worldwide have experienced at least one form of a cyber attack.
- There were 20M breached records in March 2021.
- In 2020, ransomware cases grew by 150%.
- Email is responsible for around 94% of all malware.
- Every 39 seconds, there is a new attack somewhere on the web.
- An average of around 24,000 malicious mobile apps are blocked daily on the internet.
NAS Insurance’s 2019 Cyber Claims Digest reported that cyber claims among its non-healthcare policyholders grew by a staggering 38%. Cybercrime claims, across both the healthcare and non-healthcare segments, were up 68% over 2017, led by financial fraud, which saw a 79% rise.
One study found that 43% of cyber-attacks target small business, and 60% of small companies go out of business within six months of a cyber-attack.
The truth is Cyber claims are on the rise for all sized commercial accounts. Just recently, another US city elected to pay a ransom to hackers that took over their entire system and encrypted their data. Read the story here: http://bit.ly/CYBER2WTOPz3
Here are three top reasons why you should invest in Cyber Insurance:
Data breaches are costly. Small businesses lose $80K on average to Cybercrime according to the Better Business Bureau’s 2017 State of Cybersecurity Among Small Businesses in North America report.
Cyber incidents are on the rise and are increasing in severity. Colorado ranked 9 in the Top 10 States in 2018 with 9,328 Cybercrime Victims. (1)
(1) Based on the total number of complaints submitted to the Internet Crime Complaint Center via its website from each state and the District of Columbia where the complainant provided state information. Source: Internet Crime Complaint Center.
Don't believe that Cyber Security is the same as Cyber Insurance. All the technology solutions you can implement and awareness training you can provide your employees will not completely eliminate your risk from cyber threats.
We have options for all sized commercial accounts, packaged coverage as well as build your own, and several price points to choose from.
Colorado Springs: 719-473-6262